Happy New Year!!! I can’t believe it is already 2023. The past year sure has flown by!
My key thoughts on the market going into the new year here:
- The purchase of income generating properties, such as rental and commercial investments with a 4 to 6% cap rate for the investor that would like to have a lower risk/ hands on approach to their investment
- Purchasing rural or agricultural land for the long term investor to keep a steady growth/ lower risk/ income generating investment for their portfolio
- Selling farmland and rural properties for the seller ready to downsize and take advantage of strong farm prices, and decreasing purchase prices on more manageable properties to suit their lifestyle
Contact me anytime to discuss your properties value or to get updated with the latest listings of interest suited to your needs!
Have you made a resolution for the new year? If not, here are some ideas to inspire you and your family.
- Try a new recipe or food each week
Experimenting in the kitchen can be a lot of fun and I encourage you to switch up your family’s usual rotation of reliable meals. I like to check out minimalistbaker.com or acozykitchen.com for inspiration and great recipes.
2. Read more
Whether it be reading the newspaper or a good old fashioned novel, most of us want to carve out more time to be immersed in a great story. If you are looking for a good recommendation, your local library is always a great resource for books (and more)!
- Grey Highlands Public Library
- West Grey Library
- Southgate Public Library
- Owen Sound & North Grey Union Public Library
- Meaford Public Library
- Hanover Public Library
- L.E. Shore Memorial Library, The Blue Mountains Public Library
- Bruce County Public Library
3. Learn or refine a new skill
Learning a new skill keeps your mind sharp. You could combine two resolutions and hone your cooking skills by making a complicated recipe you’ve been eyeing online. Your family could learn a new skill together – such as playing instruments to start a family band!
4. Plan an adventure
There is beauty in all corners of Grey Bruce. This is truly an amazing place to live and I am so grateful my job takes me around the area so I can experience it all. My Pinterest is a great resource for finding guides and lists of things to do in the area.
This resolution might look like performing one random act of kindness a week to brighten your neighbour’s day. Or volunteer or donate to a cause that is important to you. If you want to be more politically involved, you can go to council meetings. Join a local club or attend community events like Grey Bruce Farmers Week January 4, 2023 to January 10, 2023. I will be there with Wayne Shier, Broker of Royal LePage RCR Realty. If you are interested but can’t make it in person, you can attend virtually. Be sure to stop by and chat if you are attending!
If you’re entertaining the idea of selling and finding your next dream home in 2023, I’m here to help. I can provide you with the market data and insights you need to make an informed decision. If you do decide to move, I can make that happen for you — smoothly and successfully.